I'm here to save YOU money. My name is Kristina and I want to give you the most up-to-date saving tips and ideas.

Wednesday 20 March 2013

Spring Rib Recipe

Slow Cooker Ribs

I know Spring should be a time for the BBQ. Unfortunately in Ontario we do not have the 'spring warmth' yet. So I thought why not have ribs but use a slow cooker!! Try this recipe out. I did it the other day for the family and everyone loved it!

Ingredients

  • 5 pounds pork baby back rib
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoon paprika
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground oregano
  • 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon sugar
  • Barbecue Sauce

Directions

1.Trim the fat and cut the ribs into desired portions (I did 2 bones per 'piece')
2. Mix together the dry ingredients
3. Rub the dry rub onto ribs
4. Place into slow cooker on high 
5. Let sit to cook for 4 hours
6. Drain any liquid from the slow cooker
7. Coat in barbecue sauce (I used 'Diana Sauce and mixed a little mustard in it)
8. Let Cook on low for 30 more mins
9. Take out and enjoy!!


Dry Rub


After 4 Hours


Coating with BBQ Sauce

Oh my goodness I want some now looking back at these pictures!! It was really good. I actually made this twice in the past 2 weeks. The second time I made them I cut a bunch of Veggies in beside the ribs to cook with them. When it was all finished we had ribs and a side. SO good!! 

I hope you enjoyed this!! Let me know how it goes for you!! 

With Love:
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment