Slow Cooker Ribs
I know Spring should be a time for the BBQ. Unfortunately in Ontario we do not have the 'spring warmth' yet. So I thought why not have ribs but use a slow cooker!! Try this recipe out. I did it the other day for the family and everyone loved it!
- 5 pounds pork baby back rib
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Barbecue Sauce
1.Trim the fat and cut the ribs into desired portions (I did 2 bones per 'piece')
2. Mix together the dry ingredients
3. Rub the dry rub onto ribs
4. Place into slow cooker on high
5. Let sit to cook for 4 hours
6. Drain any liquid from the slow cooker
7. Coat in barbecue sauce (I used 'Diana Sauce and mixed a little mustard in it)
8. Let Cook on low for 30 more mins
9. Take out and enjoy!!
After 4 Hours
Coating with BBQ Sauce
Oh my goodness I want some now looking back at these pictures!! It was really good. I actually made this twice in the past 2 weeks. The second time I made them I cut a bunch of Veggies in beside the ribs to cook with them. When it was all finished we had ribs and a side. SO good!!
I hope you enjoyed this!! Let me know how it goes for you!!