I'm here to save YOU money. My name is Kristina and I want to give you the most up-to-date saving tips and ideas.

Wednesday 9 January 2013

Mid Week Meals - Chipotle Chicken

Hello all! Its been a little while since I had to think about a recipe to post. I had too much gluten food this past holiday, it should be a sin! 

Today I wanted to bring to you a recipe from my sister in law. She is a great fitness model and she makes her own recipes so that she can help her fans and followers eat healthy as she does. So here is something you can try at home. Its a simple quick meal and if I can do it , you can! 


Chipotle Chicken

Author: 
Recipe type: Main
Prep time:  
Cook time:  
Total time:  
Serves: 3
Try this super easy chicken recipe today for dinner. This is so tasty, you’ll fool your family into thinking it isn’t healthy.
Ingredients
  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 2 tablespoons chipotle spice
  • 1 tablespoon oregeno
  • 1 tablespoon rosemary
  • 1 tablespoon black pepper
Instructions
  1. Coat baking dish with organic olive oil spray
  2. Place chicken breast in dish and add half spices to each breast
  3. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes. Ovens vary.
Notes
* all spices are dried * chipotle spice could be any brand. I used Clubhouse. Mrs Dash has a good one too.
Nutrition Information
Serving size: 4 oz Calories: 180 Carbohydrates: 4g Sugar: 1g Protein: 20g

Mashed Cauliflower

Ingredients:

1 head of Cauliflower
Salt
Peper
diced fresh herbs: Cilantro & Parsley
Green Onion
1 minced Garlic Clove 
1 tbs Butter

On stove bring your pot of water to a warm temperature over medium heat. While its heating up chop a head of cauliflower into florets. When water is warmed add salt, place florets in water. Check on florets occasionally. When you see that they are soft enough that they start to fall apart you know they are ready. Next, in a blender mix the florets with pepper, fresh herbs, garlic, green onion and butter. Serve Hot.


Aw and there it is, simple, quick and filling. Not to mention healthy! YAY! I love the idea of mashed cauliflower because I love mashed potatoes and now I have a healthier alternative. 
I hope you all enjoy this recipe. Try and make sure you come back on to here and comment letting me know how it went. Enjoy! 

With Love:
ME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment